Sunday, February 3, 2008

Let's hear if for the Three-peat!

UIL Solo & Ensemble went very well this weekend - Kathryn got two division 1's! That's as high as they get (5 being the lowest). This her third year in a row for the Solo Div. 1. I have to say I am very impressed by the ensemble, they had only been together in their final state for about a week.

Here's Kat before the contest:
And after:
She changed to black for the ensemble so the whole group would be wearing the same color. (That and she got to wear both of the new dresses she got a Kohl's two weeks ago. I was rather proud - we got the both of them for $20 total!)

4 comments:

Tara said...

Congrats Kathryn. I remember going to competiton when I played flute way back when. I didn't keep up with it like Kat does though. She looks so grown. Great deal on the dresses too. They're both cute.

Chris said...

Congrats to Kathryn! That's awesome that they did so well. Love the dresses too...very nice.

MBKimmy said...

Congrats to Kathryn and to you ... that is wonderful - ps love the dresses!

Kimmie Kay said...

That's so awesome for Kat! Chris and I both went through those experiences in HS and were big into band so we know exactly how hard it is to get 1's...hooray for her and the dresses are so pretty too!