Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Saga of the Big Girl Bed Pt 1

Back in October I was shopping at Sam's Club and I found this: I thought it was an ideal replacement for the Pack & Play when we travel. We tried it out at Thanksgiving at my brother's and again when we went camping and last week when we went out of town. I am very pleased.

Fast forward to this week, when we decied to finally take the plung and buy a bed for Elena. (Yup she's still in her crib) I took her to Babies R Us yesterday, we picked out a new "big girl bed" and a set of a Princess toddler sheets. She was very excited.

So excited that when we got home & had lunch, she wanted to take her nap in her new big girl bed. Couple of problems with that, the bed is still in the box & her crib is still in her room. I finally convinced her that she could sleep in her other big girl bed - the Tinkerbell nap lounger. Guess where my big girl has slept for both naps this weekend? She also made it in the lounger over night and is asleep in it now. I don't expect her to sleep in her crib again.

We're going to try to get the crib taken down this week and get the new bed up by the weekend. Once that's done, I'll post some new pictures. I'm planning to switch her room out from the current Classic Winnie the Pooh theme, to the Disney Princesses. Yup, my girl's a girlie girl. Although, if I could find Spiderman sheets to fit her new bed, she'd probably love it.

2 comments:

Katy S. said...

YEA FOR BIG GIRLY GIRL BEDS!!! I cna not wait to see how it all works out!!!

Melanie said...

I am still trying to finish Morgan's BIG girl room. It is a feat that seems to never end!