Monday, June 29, 2009

Capulin & Mueller

Wow, I've haven't blogged in almost 3 weeks. Holy cow. We were on vacation from 6/12 to 6/21 and when we got back I took a minor computer hiatus. I am planning to do a few vacation related posts over the next week or so.

We took three days to make the 17 hour trip. We had an overnight stop at my parent's, then an overnight stop in Capulin, NM. Across the highway from the campground where we stayed is the National Monument, Capulin Mountain, a dead volcano.

Here's Kat checking out the view from the rim of the volcano. Rob with Laney in hiking backpack. We got some mileage out of this thing.

This was a funny moment - Laney stopped to look out and said, "Look, it's the world!"


For our first day in Colorado, we chose to go to Mueller State Park to do some hiking. We had originally planned to camp there with my parents, but they had some complications and were unable to come with us.

Me & Kat

Rob taught Laney how to blow dandelions
My tree huggers
The girls & me at the visitor center sign
The camping area had a fun playground were we spent the remainder of the afternoon.

1 comment:

Tara said...

looks like it was a fun trip!