Monday, November 8, 2010

Home in time for the national news

I started my new job today. After orientation I spent most of my day reading, learning the policies behind my new position. I used to be a legal assistant specializing in bringing employees into the US to work for corporations. I now work for one of those corporations, assisting in bring those employees in the Americas (start at Canada and go all the way down). I will handle not only liaising with the immigration attorneys (my old firm, how cool is that?), but also the tax accountants, relocation companies, and working directly with the employees to manage their expectations of their transfers.

The commute is a dream after the hour+ I spent getting to downtown and the 1 1/2 I spent getting home. It took me 45 minutes to get home today - that included a trip to Kroger to pick up some missing groceries!

No comments: