Monday, April 8, 2013

I'm back . . . I hope

So it's been almost 2 years since I blogged.  I read other blogs and I miss having a place to share my  thoughts, musings and record my kids antics.

A lot has happened in 2 years.  Kat has graduated from high school and is basically out her own.  She's working and living with a friend not too far away so we still see her off and on when her schedule lets her come over.
Elena is now in First Grade.  She's quite the reader (we actually have to stop her sometimes), she in a second "why stage", and she still talks up a storm.  She's in ballet and softball for the first time this year.  She's my girly girl too - the fluffier, the pinker the better - note the Easter dress.
Alex is 3 years old and proves it daily.  He's in his first "why" phase (between the two of them, car rides are full of information - thank God for smart phones!).  He's all boy too - trucks, roughhousing, sports, but he's a willing participate in his older sister's games too.
Not much has changed for Rob and I, besides the kids.  We're still working for the same companies we worked for 2 years ago, have the same friends, and enjoy the same stuff.   I've had a couple of firsts in the past year.  My first trip overseas:
I went to London on a project for work.  And the first time I was in a wedding (not my own). 



My best friend from college, Neil, got married in March.  I served as his "Majordomo" which apparently is a girl best man in Neil language.  (The bride had a "Maid of Awesome".)  Rob was one of the other groomsmen.
 
So that is a major nutshell of our lives.  I hope to be back soon.

No comments: