Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Summer Bucket List

Ok, so I haven't done as well at updating the blog as I hoped.  We've been busy and I have been tired at night when things slow down enough for me to get on the computer.

I still read the others and I got inspiration from Jennifer over at "Still Living the Dream".  She participated in the Summer Bucket List challenge last year and is doing it again.

It sounds like fun - I love the idea of having a plan of things big and small that we want to do.  So far we have come up with the following:

1. Go ice skating (got to use that Groupon before it expires!)
2. Go to Chuck-E-Cheese (report card bonus tokens)
3. Finish Elena's Summer 2012 scrapbook (oops!)
4. Go to the "Dinosaur Bones Museum" (that was Alex's contribution)

A few of my other ideas . . .

Summer Reading program at the library
Go fishing
Try Geocaching with the kids
Sew a play outfit for Elena

I borrowed Jennifer's idea and I am going to put our individual plans on die-cut stars that we can hang up to track our progress.  If they are hung up, there is no way Elena will let me forget to do them.

I got them from the scrapbooking department so that maybe just maybe I can then put them and the souvenirs of our summer adventures in a scrapbook.

We'll see...

No comments: