Sunday, July 13, 2008

Whoda thunk it?

See what this is? This is my baby girl in her pool in the backyard and what's that? That's a smile!
We spent a few minutes out there today. I got in and pulled her in with me. We also added her water wheel toy from the bathtub.
She had a blast squeezing out the splash balls to make the water wheels turn.
This is fantastic. I was a bit concerned about our family vacation to the beach in Florida if she didn't get to a point where she could at least in enjoy the water for a few minutes. Apparently, she needs to be forced in and then she has a good time.

We had another good sign a few weeks ago with my parents. This is day two in the pool with Mama Janie & Daddy Ron:
Check out our little fishy kicking her feet with Daddy!
Here's hoping all these good feelings continue and are joined by good weather in Destin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what cutie pie pics of Miss Laney! she's too adorable!!

Have a great week, Heather!

Melanie said...

Some kids just have to warm up to the water. I am glad that Laney finally did in time for your vaca. I hope that you have a great time and can't wait to see pics!

Chris said...

Have a great trip! Laney is a cutie pie as usual! Good for you for getting her used to the water. I think it's important for kids to not be afraid of it and learn to swim!