Sunday, October 5, 2008

Walking for the Cure

Laney, my work friend, Enis & I walked in the 5K of the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure (Breast Cancer foundation) on Saturday.

Here's Laney as we're staging for the walk
We did well, it took us a total of 2 hours, including at least an hour "staging" which means trying to get through a relatively small entry baloon arch along with 10s of thousands of other folks. Laney actually walked most of the staging route, which I would guess was probably 6 or more city blocks and then she walked (practically had to run to keep pace) another 1/8 of a mile or so later on the route. Heres' me, Enis & Laney 3.1 miles later. Me & the Doodle when we finally found our car - we forgot the cardinal rule of parking garages, always remember where you park!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Our Komen walk isn't stroller friendly. Congrats to you and Laney for walking!

Thanks also for your generous donation to my walk!

Katy S. said...

Yea for you and the Big walk for a great cause!! I can barely make it one mile. Keep up the great work!!

Kimmie Kay said...

That's awesome Heather and Laney!!!

Angela said...

Way to go Heather and Laney!