Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our new addition

We took the plnge into new "car" ownership today. Meet our new Saturn Outlook:
It's a seven passenger cross-over, so no more cramped trips to Dallas or borrowing/renting a car to go on vacation
One downside - look at how much garage it takes up! Especially after only having parked sedans in here, this is a little mind blowing.
And the bittersweet, this is the one time that the new Outlook was parked next to my old Saturn, Ruby.
Ruby went home with a new owner today. My best friend, Stina bought her to replace the Ford Explorer that was flooded during Ike (it was parked in Galveston while she was on a cruise). We were talking today and she remembers when I first brought Ruby to Nacogdoches after my parents gave her to me in Dallas. Sniff. That was 10 years and 133,000+ mile ago!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, what a great car! I am jealous. I would love a new car but I do not want another car payment.

Katy S. said...

Love the new ride!! I bet you cna not wait to break it in!!! You are always welcome here!!

Tara said...

Nice car! I'm sure you will enjoy the extra room. I would love an SUV but that will have to wait.

Kimmie Kay said...

Congrats on the new car Heather...it's gorgeous! :)

Melanie said...

Love the new ride! You will enjoy all the extra room for sure!

Chris said...

I'm with Tara...we're waiting on a bigger car too. My accord is paid off and we aren't anywhere NEAR wanting another car payment now. Unless you count my air ambulance bill...NICE! Let me know how you like the new Saturn though. I am curious how they did on the suv's.