Thursday, February 1, 2007

Christopher is a twit

So some of the other blogs I read go on about American Idol or 24, here I go about Gilmore Girls. This is my show. The one I show that if I miss it, it bugs me. And what I have to say about this week's episode - Christopher is a twit! (For those of you who don't watch he is one of the main characters, Lorelai's new husband and they have a 22 year history, he is the father of her daughter, Rory and he is a twit.) This week he found a letter Lorelai wrote about her ex-fiance and long time friend, Luke. So because Lorelai says nice things about Luke she is still in love with him. Because Lorelai doesn't want to move out of the house and town where she has lived for about 20 years and move to a place where she'd have to commute instead of walk to work, she is still in love with Luke. And because she doesn't want to have another baby (never mind that she is 38, has a 22 year old daughter, and has been married about an hour and a half) she is in love with Luke. I liked Christopher in the early seasons, but lately, yup you said it, he's a twit. They're setting things up for Lorelai to head back to Luke, and even though I hate the idea of divorce, I think I am for it in this case.

The show has gone down hill this year. The fire cracker pop culture dialogue is almost a no show (I can't remember any really great exchange since the one about the pickles). The wacky townies haven't been seen since the knitting episode, and even then they weren't that great. And Lorelai hasn't verbally fenced with her mother since she bailed her out of jail. It's a shame. I love the show, but I am beginning to hear the sound of a motorcycle revving for a trip over a shark tank.

No comments: