Thursday, February 1, 2007

S.A.D.

I am tired of gray and cold. Living in Houston for the last few weeks has been like living in a film noir. It's always dark and rainy.

I like the cold, within in reason. When you start to be able to describe the high tempature as "something below" I stop enjoying it as much. But I once actually did have a good day skiing when the high was 2. Yup, 2 degrees Farenheit. But it was SUNNY! None of this gray crud. I am tired of it. And thus my title - S.A.D. It stands for Seasonal Affectiveness Disorder - meaning weather like this depresses your or makes you SAD!

It got to the point that I put a bright yellow sign in my office window today - "Come back Sunshine!" It worked, it was sunny this afternoon for a little while. I have magic powers. :) But they aren't very strong - tomorrow's forecast mostly cloudy. ugh.

No comments: