Thursday, June 7, 2007

9 Month Portraits

First the pics, then the rant . . .




Cute, huh?

I got a free 8x10 portrait from Kiddie Kandids and decided to give it a try . . . I know several of you like them, but free wasn't worth it at my branch! It took an HOUR with only one child ahead of us. The photographer spent about 20 minutes trying to get those "artistic" shots out of baby who was cranky and tired and whose big brother desperately wanted to be anywhere else. Then our 20 minute shoot without much creativity and finally, the hard sell. Seriously, $16.95 a sheet? I will say this on the plus side - no sitting fee, free online pics, and better instant digital prints than Sears (those were awful). But overall, I think I'll stick with my JC Penny portrait studio. I've been much more pleased with them.

3 comments:

Tara said...

The Kiddie Kandids are definitely more expensive but I bought a whole package. I was going to Target exclusively but they weren't changing things up for me. I am going back to KK next week for his 6 month shots.

Katy S. said...

Sorry to hear you had such an unhappy time there! I have heard JC penny is great!! You did get some great shots there.

Chris said...

Sorry you didn't like them. I really like my location. I'm about to take Lindsay back for her one year shots. If you get a package you really can't go wrong. But, if they aren't creative at yours you have to go where you find that is...there are so many choices out there.