Monday, June 18, 2007

How we spent Father's Day

First, we went to early church. Here's Rob with the girls . . .
Afterwards, we took him out to breakfast at the IHOP (he's crazy for the stuffed french toast) and then home for a while. In the afternoon we took him to the Natural Sciences Museum to see the Imperial Rome exhibit.
We had a good time (despite the fire alarm) and it was a good exhibit, just not quite what we expected. (Explain to me advertising that includes weaponry but an exhibit that includes only statuary and household goods) Still neat exhibit. Here's the girls at the museum. You can't read both the shirts, but Kathryn's says "My Dad Rocks" and Laney's say "I LOVE Daddy" - the rear end says "And Daddy loves me".
Laney's new thing - pushing her own stroller. This was quite funny yesterday at the musuem, she was very insistant!
Finally, dinner at home - one of Rob's favorite meals - Chicken Kiev (in this case the mini version made with tenders instead of breasts), Saffron Rice, and green peas.
Checking the blogs, it looks like everyone else had fun too! One more Happy Father's day to all those great guys out there.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Mike loves that rice. We have bags of the stuff in our pantry. Glad you all had a good day. I know I keep saying it, but we can't wait to see you all this weekend.

Angela said...

What a fun day. We also have the same plates that you guys have. Just thought I would share that. Happy Father's Day.

Anonymous said...

Laney looks adorable. and Kathryn is a very beautiful girl. glad you had a great dad's day!

Katy S. said...

Glad to hear that you has a grest day. Fire alarm???? Did I ever tell you that when I was being carted off to have my c section the hospital was testing fire alarm?? Love the yellow rice!