Sunday, December 2, 2007

I really want to know

The previous post & the DJs on the radio have got me thinking - what's your favorite Christmas song? I had a hard time narrowing it to one. I got four:


Favorite song to sing: Joy to the World (ok, so it's less singing, more joyful noise)


Favorite traditional song to listen to: O Holy Night (especially when sung by Jim Nabors)


Favorite pop-Christian Christmas song: "Joseph's Lullabye" by Mercy Me. He is the patron saint of step parents, after all.

Favorite secular Christmas song: "Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy" by David Bowie & Bing Crosby


And on the other side of the coin, songs I could live without hearing ever again:


"Merry Christmas Darling" by the Carpenters. Oi, it's overplayed and I think I go into sugar shock when it comes on.


"Ding, fries are done" Cute on the first viewing. Annoying as all get out when your family spends 4 days singing it at random moments.


Seriously, I want to know, click the old comment button and tell me what you like or what annoys the heck out of you. Someone's probably got a kid obsessed with "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells" . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this! okay my alltime fave song is a tie between...

Celine Dion- "O Holy Nite" and...

Whitney Houston- "Do you know what i know?" man, she gets down to that song.

i am so over mariah carry singing "All I want for X-mas is You" . i hate that song and she annoys me.

fun question, heather!! :)

Kimmie Kay said...

I'm with Katie...I'm SO over that Mariah song too! My all time fave has always been O Holy Nite, LOVE it!
This year, my man Rick Springfield has a new Christmas CD out with a new tune to benefit the fallen troops called "Christmas With You", it's a new fave now. :) I've also liked that one from the 80's (I know Bono is in it) called "Do They Know It's Christmas" forver. We are serious Christmas music listeners here...my girls made me burn them each their favorites on CD for them each last year.

Chris said...

Great Post Heather. I LOVE Oh Holy night...sung by just about anyone and I'll have to check out the Jim Neighbors version. You have me curious. I HATE Grandma got runover by a Reindeer. My fave cute song to hear (especially in the car) is I want a hippopottamus for christmas. I JUST LOVE IT!!!!! I also agree with the girls about Mariah...yuck...over her. I'm dying to get my hands on the new Josh Groban Christmas CD but I've been too sick to go shop. UGH.

Melanie said...

All time fav.....is definitely O Holy Night. I love, love, love to hear John Berry sing it and this year I love the Josh Groban cd Noel. LOVE Christmas music!!!