Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter et. al.

Our Spring Break was a busy week. My parents came in last Friday and stayed the week. The reason for the early arrival was Lauren's bridal shower - it's hard to believe she and Ronny are getting married in a little over a month! Here I am with the bride and her bow bouquet - I got a tell you the chiffon ribbons from Bed, Bath & Beyond present a challenge!

This was just a cute picture my parents took of Elena with the last of the azaleas on Palm Sunday. That is her new Disney Princess patio chair she is sitting in.

On Thursday, the Easter Bunny came early and he brought us Great Grandma Ila!
Elena promptly showed Ila her "new" kitchen set. This thing's been in our attic for a few years since Kat outgrew it. Ila gave Elena a few cooking lessons and taught her take the spoon around for people to try what she made.
We did some shopping - looking for shoes and a jacket for Kat to wear with her dress for Ronny & Lauren's wedding and my Mom's Mother of the Groom dress. We found the shoes, but that was it. We also stopped by the Easter Bunny at the mall and he scared Elena so bad she cried almost all the way to the parking lot. This was just with him waving hello, we never even got to her trying to sit near him. I am going back to my resolution that we're not seeing EB or Santa until she asks!

On to the big day - Easter Sunday! This is our yard sign - they sold these at church. We put the blank side out during Holy Week & then turned it around yesterday morning.

Mom helping Elena flower the cross:
The girls in the church gazebo - Kat, Elena, Ila, Me & my mom.

Ila with her grandson, granddaughter-in-law, and great-granddaughters.
Off to hunt Easter eggs. Elena had hunted eggs at school and kind of had the idea, but she wanted to stop and shake and open each egg. They gave her that little Easter Egg bag at school.My egg hunting fiends, pooch included:
Rob and Kat went on a Daddy-Daughter date to "Horton Hears a Who". Check out the totally un-Easter, coordinating "Nightmare before Christmas" shirts. We found them at the Disney Store on Friday.
Ronny & Lauren came over too - we talked wedding dances - they're having trouble picking the songs to dance with Dad/Mom.

They brought their big dogs who aren't allowed in my house very often (we're talking 8 paws, a lot of long hair and 100+ pounds of dog, here). Both the "boys" stayed right outside my open kitchen window. Elena kept going over to watch them and laugh, "Puppy!" I couldn't even get her to look at the camera, becasue she was watching the dogs.
And I leave you with one of our many new Easter stuffed animals (there were quite a few). I call this, "Duck, Duck, Silly Goose".

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like you had a nice, long Easter weekend! Laney is too cute! Oh, and Morgan still is more interested in what is in the eggs than hunting them!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your dress, Heather! you look good, girl!! the colors are perfect together.

and you have a beautiful family. Laney is too cute sitting in the chair and I love Kathryn's t-shirt!

Have a great week!

MBKimmy said...

Oh my I love the rocking duck! That is awesome!

Tara said...

I love your dress, Heather. I'm glad Ila made it there safely and had a good time. I didn't even realize that she was flying there. You have a lot of great pictures.

Angela said...

Wow! You guys were busy. Glad to hear that you had a great Easter weekend. You got a lot of good pictures.

Chris said...

Great pics. Yes, Lindsay reacted the same way to the EB and she DID ask for him. Go figure. LOL!
Love all the cute pics of the family....glad you had a Blessed Easter!