Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Portraits & Progress

These are Elena's 18 month/Easter portraits. The first four are the poses we ordered. I was very pleased. Particularly with the last one. It was one of those where the photographer said, "Let's just shoot one more and see what happens."



We didn't buy these, but they were still pretty cute.




It wouldn't be right to put the post up without crediting the lady that made the dress. I went looking to see if I had a picture of her and the dress, but no such luck. But here she is. This my best friend, Neil's mom, Susie with a two week old Elena. The dress looked gigantic that day when she gave it to us.

On to the progress part of the post, we had Elena's 18 month check up on Monday. She's a healthy little goober. The doctor is quite pleased with her progress - both physically and mentally. She's holding fast in the 25% for weight (22 lbs 2.5 oz), 75% for height (32 inches), and 75% for head (47 1/2 cm).


The 18 month appointment is shot free, but I was worried the vampires would still come for my kid. Luckily the doctor decided that he could put off drawing blood to check on Elena's anemia until her 2 year appointment when she'll be getting stuck anyway. She isn't showing any signs of adverse effects, so he's pretty confident she's not dropped below border line, if she hasn't improved.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Very nice! Lindsay is taking Easter pics this Sunday at Sears. I love the dress and the fact that it was made by someone is SO special!
Laney is really changing again...looking so much like a big girl. I think you picked the best four poses too. That last of the four is adorable...love that smile!
YAY Laney for a good check up and not having to get "stuck" this visit! I too was relieved there were no shots at the 18 month appt.

Tara said...

Evan goes for his 15 month appt next week. No shots there, thank goodness. Evan has surpassed his cousin in weight. He's getting close to 26 lbs now.

I love the pictures and the dress.

Melanie said...

Laney is getting so BIG! She looks like such a big girl with her hair all pulled back. Her pictures turned out great!

Katy S. said...

I can not wait to have some in the Mailbox soon!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME pictures, Heather! She is quite a stunner, that lil' Laney. Love 'em!

Kimmie Kay said...

Great pics Heather! I love the 2nd and 4th poses myself. :) Laney is so beautiful! Hope you all have a Happy Easter!!!