Friday, June 27, 2008

Bad Dog!

My dog, Rory is crate "trained". I put that in quotes as she is a terrier, and I swear you can't train a terrier to do anything, well at least mine. What it comes down to it she spends the day in the crate while we're at work. So, today I get home and she's waiting for me the kitchen. Ummm . . . I actually did ask her how she got out, of course she looks at me with her dumb puppy eyes and wags her tail like she should be in the kitchen. Dumb dog!

I go back to my bedroom and I see this:
Well, crud! So, I got to spend my evening at my favorite place in the world, Wal-Mart, buying a new crate. I chose a metal one, the better to stand up to her annoying little "I am going to tear through my crate" plans. After all, if the metal one (and a carabiner) can keep my brother's Ivy League-ready, rambunctious border collie in, it ought to work on my dumb-as-a-box of rocks terrier.

One more little bit of craziness. Now this thing is assembled by pulling up each of the four sides and then they snap into place. Relatively simple, but still, who's brilliant plan was it to put the instructions inside the crate so that you have to assemble it get them out? Seriously!

Happy Friday, everyone. Have a good weekend.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll trade you!! one terrier for one wiener!!

Have a great day, girl!

Chris said...

That's hysterical! Also hysterical about the directions....GOOD GRIEF.

Be careful..my Freckles tried to chew through a metal one once and tore up her teeth and gums pretty good. Give her a trial run when you're not gone long or can spy on her. Dogs are so funny sometimes!

Tara said...

lord, i have a dumb terrier too. He just runs away for hours at a time. Never again, I tell ya.