Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Mardi Gras!

Or Shrove Tuesday. Did you enjoy your pancakes, we did! We went to the annual pancake dinner hosted by the Men's Group at our church tonight. It were yummy!

Soooo. . . Lent starts tomorrow. I have decided to take on some disciplines, rather than giving anything up. Our church is doing a church-wide study, so Rob, Kat & I will be reading those together. And I am currently downloading a copy of the new testament. If I listen to it for 28 minutes a day, I can finish it in 40 days. Which is how long Lent is, less Sundays. That works out well.

So what are you giving up? Or taking on? If you're doing anything at all, it is after all a personal choice.

2 comments:

Katy S. said...

I do like your choice this year and that it is a family chioce makes it even better.

Tara said...

I am the constant undecided. I am mainly trying to abstain from meat on Fridays right now. Being pregnant, I want everything I can get.. more of a reason to give it up but I have no will power.