Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stranded

We had some intense rain here yesterday. Rob told me he saw somewhere that we got close to 11 inches over night. The street in front of our house flooded again, water rose up the drive way and into the yard. The only other time I saw that was the storm we got after Ike.

Needless to say, when I saw that this morning, I called in late to work. Both girls school was canceled. I actually tried to leave for work at about 10:00 and it turns out that all my routes to the freeway were blocked by high water.

Kathryn is out of school one more day, for fear that the reservoir will flood again (more rain is possible). Here's hoping the major roads open up so that we can get to work in the morning.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hope the water recedes soon!

Katy S. said...

Sounds like this area last month. Not in the new house but blocks form the old house. Just wait till the mosquitoes start. I itch thinking of them YUCK!!