Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Good Friday at the Zoo

We spent our Good Friday at the zoo. On the ride over we realized it was the first time all four of had been together. We also took my parents along for the ride.

Here's one of my favorite animals - this is Smaug the Komodo Dragon. I love his Tolkeinesque name. He's kind of cool looking too.
And the flamingos - I was terrified of these when I was little.
On to the fam - here's the girlies with the elephants.

Laney & Daddy Ron checking out the zebras & other hooved animals.
My 14 year old twins
Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil, what are you people doing?

Proof of the fam at the zoo - even if Laney didn't want to sit for one more picture

Laney talked about going to the zoo for weeks before we went. Most important thing - riding the carousel. Here's my mom & Kat (behind the half naked kid)
And here's me & Laney on the elephant.
A little conversation from daycare:
Teacher: Where did you go this weekend Laney?
Laney: To the zoo
Teacher: What did you see?
Laney: The carousel. I rode a elephant
. . . Several minutes pass and we're walking out of the classroom . . .
Laney: Oh, and we saw Lion-Seals







1 comment:

Tara said...

Looks like a fun family day. Great pictures!