Sunday, November 22, 2009

Getting Ready for Baby

Baby Alex will be here in 15 days (or less). December 8 is my absolute last day. I will either be induced or have a c-section depending on how my ultrasound after Thanksgiving goes. In addition to the usual prep work of washing baby clothes, packing the hospital bag, and locating the baby gear in the attic we've done a few fun things too.

Last Sunday, Laney went to the sibling class at the hospital where I will deliver. They talked about what happens when Mommy has a baby, keeping clean before touching the baby and got a mini-tour of the L&D ward. I didn't get to see her in class - but this is how she looked when she came out - they dressed like Doctors (and also avoided passing flu germs in the ward).


Then we continued a tradition I started 3 years ago with Elena . I took Kathryn to Build-A-Bear for her birthday back in 2006 and she made herself a Hello Kitty and she made a bear for Elena too. That bear is now well traveled and great friend of Elena's.


On Monday I took the girls to Build-A-Bear. The girls each made their own bears (a Panda for Kat & a pink bear for Elena) and they made a bear for Alex.


Here they are warming up the hearts & making wishes for the bear.



Elena giving her new bear a "bath".

The newest stuffed members of our family - Toby, Cindy & Loki-San.






2 comments:

Angela said...

Those photos are so cute! I love the one with Laney in the scrubs. Great! So glad to hear baby will be here soon. Keep us posted.

Melanie said...

I am seriously SOOOOO behing. I can't wait to see pics of Alex!