Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Greetings from Plague House

Our most recent news is that Laney is currently recovering from what is suspected to be the "piggy cold" (that's Kathryn for "Swine Flu"). The doctor's office is hypothesizing, they don't send out for the CDC confirmation as the treatment for both flus is the same. Luckily, we caught it early enough that she qualified for TamiFlu. The pedetrician was also able to give me a prescription to put Kat on a preventative dose of the same stuff & my doctor prescribed me the same. And to think I finally got my vaccine on Friday!

Laney has been consistently running a 102 fever since Sunday afternoon, but she woke up from her nap today fever free & in a good mood. This was evidenced by the fact that my living room floor spent most of the afternoon coated in Barbies & their accessories. The good mood mostly continued, but the fever is back.

As to the rest of us, no one has run fever. Kat & I have coughs and headaches & I am feeling more run down than usual (which is a trick).

On the home front, literally, we have an offer on the house. We're still in the option period and the inspection is tomorrow (holy cow!). We still need to find a new house to live in and fast. We're supposed to close on this one on November 30 & be out by December 1. I really need to pack.

No comments: