Monday, April 2, 2007

It could've been a Alexander kind of day

My day reads like the pages of "Alexander and the Horrible No Good Terrible Very Bad Day" or whatever . . .

Kathryn got up 40 minutes late and missed her bus, so I take her to school, cutting short my sleeping in.

I had to take Elena to the peditrician. She's had junk coming out of her nose and a cough for a couple of weeks. Turns out it is an ear infection.

Then I took Laney to daycare - dosed her with acetomenophine (for the pain and fever from her Flu booster, which we also did at the doctors), cough syrup, and antibiotic. She's none too fond of any of them, at least she just let them ooze out of her mouth, instead of spraying them.

I called my supervisor on the way from the day care to find out how things are going, as the recovery from last week begins. She tells me that a transformer blew. They're on emergency power only - no computers, no copiers, and no bathroom because of the electronic flush.

I get to work 20 minutes later and a fire alarm has gone off so everyone is in the parking lot.

We get in 20 minutes after that and we have power now. Wait 10 minutes to get the server back and another 30 for e-mail. About the time we get e-mail, the AC goes out.

It was a day worthy of Alexander. And yet, I'm in a good mood. I managed to get some work done and anything is better than last week. Final count by the way - 56 hours last week. And that is on the low end of the department.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hope Laney feels better and I hope your week is good.

Katy S. said...

Like Alexander said "Everyone has bad days, even in Australia" There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Just think, Wednesday is hump day. Friday is just around the corner.