Monday, April 23, 2007

We're back . . .

No good excuses for the lapse in posts, just life happens and sometimes blogging doesn't.

Rob was on the team for the in church retreat this year, which meant he was only home to sleep this weekend. My parents came down to help out around the house and with Laney, a full weekend by myself seemed like a bit much. Tara, I don't know how you do it.


Mom and Laney joked around at the breakfast table early Saturday morning. The story behind this pic - This is right after Laney finished her breakfast. I have taken to feeding Laney topless sometimes (geez - that sounds wrong). She can be such a messy eater and cleaning her skin doesn't require color safe bleach and stain spray. She's picked up a new game in her high chair of shaking her head (like she's saying "no") while you try to get the spoon in her mouth. Thus, the green bean stains on her sleeves. The Rubbermaid plasticware she has on her head is hers. I give it to her to keep her entertained while the rest of us eat. She bangs it together and on her high chair and then tosses it across the room. Roger Clemens, you've got competition! Oh, 7 months is fun! And I really do mean it.

After breakfast it was off to the front yard. Spring has come back to Texas! Laney, being unable to handle a hedge trimmer, got to play in the Exersaucer while we worked. Fleur played guard dog. Big scary poodle, raar!

We did eventually put Laney to work.

After we finished cleaning out the front bed and trimming our bushes, Mom and I did what we love to do on a Saturday afternoon - we went shopping. A trip to Wally World and Katy Mills Mall. And who got most of the stuff? Laney, of course. Mom and I each got a blouse. I bought Kathryn some hangers. (In my defense, I don't shop for her without her and she was with her Mom) Laney got a swing for the back yard and four new outfits from the Carter's outlet. We needed summer play clothes in 6-9 months sizes, she's finally starting to grow out of some of the 3-6 month outfits.

Laney and Mom check out the new swing after our whirlwind trip.
The verdict - she loves it! She squealed and giggled the whole time she was in it.


On Sunday morning, we went to church. Laney wore the new outfit she got from my parents for Easter. I taught Sunday School without Rob. :( But my friend, Matt helped out and we geeked out making Mobius strips with the kids. Did you know you can teach the story of "Doubting Thomas" with a stuffed Eeyore and Mobius strips? You can if you think like a geek and have a little help from John McArthur.

Have a great week, ya'll.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Great picture of Laney with the rake in the saucer! Don't worry, I don't get much done when I'm home alone. I know it will get worse as he gets bigger too!

Chris said...

I LOVE the pic with the rake too! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Yes, Laney does look like a sweet, laid back little girl. She's very cute!
Catch you on the blogs!

Anonymous said...

That is so great that your Mom was able to come and stay with you! I don't know what I would do without my mom. I still call her every time i have a motherhood question! Awesome pictures. I love the rake and saucer myself!