Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My petite young thing

First, holding on to summer:
How cute is this? She did this completely on her own. She was in the living room playing with Kathryn while Rob and I got stuff ready for her bath. Next thing you know she comes toddling down the hall, pail over her arm as if to say, "I'm ready to go back to the beach!" It'll be a few weeks, but we're going baby.

Yesterday was Elena's 12 month checkup and thus the post title. She is 30 inches tall and 18 lbs, 15.5 oz. That puts her in the 75% for height and the 25% for weight. The main thing this means is that she's too tall for the infant car seat but too light to face forward just yet. So we installed the big car seat in my car last night and Laney has a new tv chair (eg. her old car seat). I'm still debating what to do with the car seat. We really don't have room for it. I am considering selling it on E-bay. Who knows.

Laney's appointment went well. She is developing on or ahead of schedule. She's discovered that shots suck! (At the past appointments with vaccinations she cried during the shot but was better almost immediately) Yesterday, she fussed for a while after the shots and about the time she was better the flobatomist came in to take her blood - which meant she wasn't happy until sometime after I left her at the day care.

Turns out the little monkey is borderline anemic, so I have to figure out how to get her to eat meat. Wish me luck. We actually have quite a long list of foods to try, there just aren't many she is willing to eat right now. When she first started on table food she was crazy for veggies, now she ignores them. If she had her way, she'd live off of Chef Boyardee and fruit. But I'm in charge, so she's being fed green veggies and lean chicken and beef. To top off these food troubles, I am also in the process of weaning her off formula and the bottle. Fun, fun, fun!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Great picture. Good luck with you mini-vegetarian. :) Hopefully, you all will find something she likes.

Katy S. said...

I am happy so see she is doing well. Yea for the beach trip! Boo for shots.

Anonymous said...

Glad her check-up went well. I'm borderline psychotic myself, so we all gots our thing. hehe. :)
cute as all get out picture of laney with the pail!

Melanie said...

Great pic of Laney. Good luck with the food. Luckily Morgan eats anything and lots of it!!!

MBKimmy said...

sounds like the check up went great! Tatum did okay with the first round of shots ... we will see how she does next time?