Saturday, March 10, 2007

Our Saturday

Not a bad day overall. Started out good - Elena slept in. She slept until 7:30 this morning. I enjoyed the sleep, but it got me started out later than I planned. I went in to work. Saturdays have the advantage that you can get more work done in half the time, with no phone and no e-mail and fewer co-workers to chat with. I did what might have taken me a whole day in 3 1/2 hours. I got a few things done that I might not have on a normal day.

Meanwhile, my wonderful hubby did chores. Cleaned the bathroom, went to the vet for dog food, and attempted to vacumn the floor. Thus he discovered that Elena is afraid of the vacumn cleaner and that came to a quick stop.


After I got home, we had lunch on the patio and enjoyed the lovely weather. Check out our azaleas, we're having a bumper crop this year!

A short nap in front of the TV for me and Rob and in the crib for Laney later and then we were off to the YAMs Game Night at Church. The YAMs is the Young Adult Ministry, meant for those too old for the youth ministry and too young for the St. C Seniors. It was nice we met with a few other couples and some folks there without their spouses, and some of the other babies. We had 4 baby girls born in 6 months last year and 3 were at church tonight.


This is Elena (6 months), Elise (1 year), and Halina (10 months). They did pretty well together.

Toward the end of the evening, Elena and Halina (the names sound alike and that makes it a little crazy) were getting along great. Until Elena pulled Halina's hair. Then it was time for the sleepy babies to go home.

Laney's evening ended with green beans (1/2 a jar this time, yea!), cereal and a bottle. Then she and Dad curled up with a good book.


Good day.

2 comments:

Tara said...

It sounds like a good Saturday. Glad you all enjoyed it!

Katy S. said...

What a social butterfly she is.