Thursday, November 29, 2007

Penguins & Polar Bears

A little slice of life from my house:

Last night we're watching "Shrek the Halls" (btw - not a classic, but worth the Carmina Burana inspired Christmas Shopping song) and one of those Coca-Cola Penguin & Polar Bear commercials comes on. The one where the baby polar bear slides into the penguin party, there's a brief moment of tension, they share a Coke and party. We start discussing the fact that this could never happen. I am referring to the fact that penguins and polar bears live on different sides of the planet. Rob brings up the fact that the polar bears would eat the penguins. True, but . . . My response to Rob's thought - "Does this mean I shouldn't put my new polar bear pajamas in the same drawer as my penguin pajamas?" Straight faced as all get out, the hubby responds, "Yes, you can't be too careful."

Yes, ladies & gentlemen, that's my family.

No comments: