Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Playing dress up

No, we haven't gotten over excited about the fact that the high was below 70 degrees today. Although that was nice, bt the only thing I did special was dress Elena in long sleeves. My e-bay order came in and I thought I'd show off my bargain hunting skills, which are not those of some, but they'll do . . .

This is the sherpa hat bought on clearance last winter, the coat my mom got at a consignment store (okay not my shopping skills) and the snow boots I bought on e-bay. I also got some cheap toddler long undies at Wal-Mart (during the trip from HADES) but I chose not to photograph those.

And why pray tell, does our little Texan need all of this? I give you the next picture:


We're dreaming of a white Christmas - all goes well and it 'll be a ski vacation for us come late December. Woo hoo! (The bib was one of the first things my mom bought Laney, I was only about 3 months pregnant.)

8 comments:

Jamie Elkins said...

HEATHER!

So I just moved - again, still in Cincinnati but in a different neighborhood and I found your QBP business card you gave me that had your blogspot address on it! ELENA IS GROWING UP SO FAST! How adorable! I miss you so much! Hope all is going well and you are enjoying the holiday season (which starts earlier and earlier every year!)

PS. I DON'T HAVE A MILKSHAKE BUDDY AT MY NEW JOB AND I NEED ONE!

Love,

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Love the bib! Cute pics, Heather!

Angela said...

She looks so adorable in the jacket. I love the bib, can we sneak along on the ski trip ;).

Tara said...

Cute pictures! I hope you all get to go on your ski trip. That's one thing I've never done. Have a good weekend!

Chris said...

She looks like she'll be ready for her ski trip! Hope all works and you guys have a white Christmas! I'd love for Lindsay to see snow this year but not sure if we'll get there or not. We're thinking about Gatlinburg in December.
I love that bib too...never seen that one before!

Kimmie Kay said...

Laney looks so cute in her jacket and hood and I love the boots you got on ebay Heather! I hope you get your white Christmas...

Katy S. said...

She is so adoreable!!!!

Tyler and Leah said...

so cute. We too dream of a skii vacation for Christmas break...Asher needs a whole lot warmer clothes then he owns....today I went and met a girl with Craigslist clothes (my own bargan hunting) and Asher was shivering so bad that the lady was like.."hmmm, maybe you should put him in the car" BAD MOMMY ran into police mommy, no ski vacation for us until he gets some warmer clothes:0)
Leah