Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008!

Happy New Year to my Blogger buddies. Last night 0ur house was the scene for our semi-annual fireworks, hamburgers, and birthday cake festival. Rob's birthday is the 30th, but we typically celebrate on the 31st. But this year hamburger was spelled "P-I-Z-Z-A". We just got home from our vacation on Sunday evening and I had to work yesterday, so there was nothing in the house to even make something as simple as a burger.

Here's Rob on his birthday with his present from me, the girls, & my parents. A new stereo with CD, radio, cassette & turntable. It is soooo cool these things are coming back - at least for those of use who still have LPs. Rob spent some time explaining the mechanics to Kathryn who had never really seen a record before. On to New Years Eve. Our two best friends - Stina & Neil - came over for a late Christmas and the afore mention pizza, fireworks, and birthday cake. Here's Laney sitting on her new rocking duck (her big Christmas present from Mommy & Daddy) opening her gift from Neil.
Neil opening one his presents - a shirt that reads "What I really Need is Minions".

Stina with her totally cool gift card holder. (Okay, I'm partial, I bought it)
Kathryn getting the shock (and excitement) of a lifetime - Guitar Hero from Neil & Stina.
On to the fireworks! This was taken in our front yard and shot off by one of us. I can't tell you who - I was asleep inside. I can no longer make it to midnight without a nap!
And finally birthday cake - we had this with our champagne/sparkling cider after midnight.
We're spreading this birthday out a bit. Tonight we had Rob's birthday dinner - steak, crab legs and the obligatory black eyed peas.

And hey, we're ringing in the new year with some seasonal temperatures - it's actually supposed to freeze here tonight! I'll start posting vacation pictures soon, I want to split them up a bit - there's quite a few. HAPPY NEW YEAR! We're wishing a prosperous and wonderful 2008!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Rob! very cool present he got!

That guitar hero is alotta fun even though i'm not very good at it. but it's still a good time. :)

Hope you all had a great trip, Heather! Look forward to seeing all your pics!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Kimmie Kay said...

Happy BDay! Looks like you all had a great time ringing in 2008...Happy New Year from our family to yours blogger buddy! :)

Chris said...

Happy New Year, Happy Birthday Rob and Welcome HOME! Great pics, I love Laney's rocking Duck. Lindsay would LOVE that so much as she is still so into "duckies".

Pizza sounds great for a bday...that's what I picked for mine! Nice Fireworks too! Glad to see you all home safe and sound!