Thursday, January 18, 2007

Blogging and More

So, this could get addictive. Yesterday in response to my "my new blog" e-mail, my friend A.M. sent me a link to hers - look to the left. From there I ended up finding some of my other college friends and suddenly I'm reading blogs for over an hour, when I really should be going to bed. And then in the shower I'm thinking about what I'll write today. And what do I do when I get home from work tonight? Check Tara's, Shea's and A.M.'s for postings. Yup, this could be a problem.

On to other topics - This was an insane day at work! My supervisor is getting married on Saturday so she is out of the office until Tuesday (she's not honeymooning until the summer, thank goodness) but that leaves me basically in charge. I spent all morning being her and all afternoon being me. (In fact, I just realized one of the attorneys asked me to help him this afternoon and he never came by.) But I got it done, basically kept my cool and that feels fantastic.

Veering off on another topic - Elena finally got hold of her feet this morning. She's been staring at them for a couple of weeks, trying to figure them out and this morning when I was changing her diaper she reached up and grabbed them. The milestones just keep on coming.

And finally a rant - my home owner's association sucks! Back in September we got a letter telling us we need to replace our wood siding which was decaying. We can't afford this, so my dad decides he'll fill in the cracks and bad spots and then repaint. He spent a week in October, a week in November, and a week during Christmas doing all of this work. The siding looks much better. But what's in the mail today - another letter telling us our siding is decaying and we need to replace it. Yup. Of course, these are the folks that check the lawns on Thursdays instead of on Mondays so that we haven't had a chance to mow over the weekend. I guess I shouldn't feel too threatened, the neighbors behind and to the left have had tarps on their roof since Hurricane Rita. I'm looking forward to moving in a couple years, but I know it'll just be another HOA we have to deal with. Hopefully they'll be more reasonable, but then I can also hope to win the lottery.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Our HOA is nowhere near that demanding. Sorry to hear about their troubles.

Yay for Elena. I can't wait for the milestones to start mounting with Evan. Glad you're enjoying blogging!