Friday, January 19, 2007

Gotta Love the French

I got an e-mail from A.M. - this makes three in one week, a record. :) I've got to credit her with this one -

"My French phrase of the day: 'Les carottes sont cuites!' - We've had it!
or literally, The carrots are cooked!
I totally want to wander around work monday saying 'The carrots are cooked!'"

The French come up with great phrases! I particulary love "L'Sprit D'Escalier" or the Spirit of the Stairs (a phrase I use in English, but who knows if anyone understands I am saying). To quote Neil Gaiman - "It means, well, the clever things to say that only you think to yourself when you're on the way out." Or driving down the road hours later, whatever. Thank you for teaching me that, Neil.

Random post for the day, done. Number of posts it took for me to quote Neil Gaiman - four.

No comments: