Thursday, May 31, 2007

7 random things about me

A little late, but I've been tagged in a round about sort of way. Check out The Bresnan Family Blog, Cup of Joe and Derrick George of the Jungle. (By the way, I have photos of Katy's Vanilla Ice dance from the wedding, bwah hah hah) Don't expect anything too crazy, my mom reads this blog . . .

1. I went by Cori in high school, it's a derivative of my middle name. I was having that usual teenager thing of hating my name and Heather being one of the most popular baby names in the 1970s, there were several others in my life. There's a movie for goodness sake! I decided to be more unique. I gave it up my freshman year of college.

2. I was named Heather not because my parents found it in a baby book (like most of the other Heathers I have met), but because the heather was blooming on the moors when I was born. (2.5 Elena came from a baby name book.)

3. I learned most of my popular 80's music from the show "Kids Incorporated". This is where I first heard "Karma Chameleon", "Jump" and "We Got the Beat". I had the soundtrack cassettes and to put the cherry on the embarrassing sundae, after it ended on Saturday morning, I'd hang out with my best buddy, Yvette and we'd pretend to be band members, in between pretending to be Flashdance and Cyndi Lauper.

4. I have never seen a complete episode of "Desperate Housewives", "Grey's Anatomy", "The Bachelor", "Survivor", "American Idol" or "Big Brother". I enjoy "Dancing with the Stars" but I only watch on Monday. I (unfortunately) enjoy the show "Hell's Kitchen" for some reason, it's train wreck TV at its finest. I think the only truly good reality show I have ever seen was "American High", but it was actually reality.

5. I don't have cable, satellite or DVR. By choice. We do own more than 200 DVDs at last count. Fewer commercials and there's almost always something you enjoy watching.

6. I have a bizarre fear of snakes. I can handle the exotic part of the reptile house - as long as the snakes aren't too big. (Anacondas give me the wiggins, but I can look at cobras) I've been known to totally freak in the domestic section because I have seen too many of those without the glass between us. I nearly stepped on a copperhead as a young kid at my grandparents.

7. Most of my paternal cousins are my parents age. It is a result of my grandparents having 5 children with several years between each. My cousin Carolyn (who has been in the blog recently) is 3 years older than my dad. I grew up playing with my first cousins once removed and I actually understand the whole once removed thing. In a completely opposite situation, Elena is only 5 months older than her youngest cousin, Derrick. She is 3 1/2 months older than Evan.

2 comments:

Katy S. said...

Thanks for the props on the dancing there Heather! I can only say I have seen a whole episode of Grey's and Survivor the others I can pass on. Sorry Idol Lovers. I like the name history

Anonymous said...

I used to love Kids Inc. too! that is too funny. That was fun reading your 7 things!