Thursday, May 31, 2007

I've come to a realization

She is an addict . . .


and I am an enabler.
I've been looking at my photos and realized how many have the binky in them, and I was putting the binky back her mouth on the drive in to day care this morning and I realized how dependent the little goober is on it. I had good intentions of getting her off it, except at night by 6 months. Here we are at 9 months and she's still got it. Any suggests? I want her at least mostly off by 1 year. I can't handle cold turkey, the commute is TOO long . . .

7 comments:

Tara said...

Good luck to you! Christina (my cousin) had a horrible time at age 2 with Cole and his pasi. Evan won't take one so we don't even try anymore.

Katy S. said...

A friend of mine had her kids at the beach and told Kristen (the baby) that the seagull flew away with it. She never missed it. I can not remember how old she was when this happened. I will get back to you on that. Hey just think, be glad she is not reliant on the thumb. It would suck if the sea gull got hold of that!!

Chris said...

That is the biggest Paci I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!! :P

Lindsay still uses hers. She seems to be using it more lately instead of less. I think she teeths on it more than anything. I too thought I would take her off it by one year but I have a feeling that is not going to happen. I am definitely NOT trying it on vacation! Maybe when we get back we'll try it just in the crib.
Good luck...let me know if you learn any tips....

Anonymous said...

Girl, she may go thru some pretty bad withdrawals, but the worst of it will be behind you in a few days. it'll be rough. but you can do it. :)

Katy S. said...

The baby was a year and a half

Heather said...

Chris - That huge thing is a real, for real "Binky". It is the name brand by Platex. It is an old fashioned pacifier, not orthodontic, but finger shaped.
Laney loved to suck on fingers when she was born, so we thought this would work better. And this can be stolen by a seagull without the yucky ending.

Unknown said...

lol, don't feel bad. My parents let me have mine till I was 3, so I figure sooner than that and you're doing good. :D