Monday, May 21, 2007

Our trip to Colorado

River Campground. On Saturday we day tripped out to visit with my parents and my cousin, Caroline, who is visiting from Arizona. It was a GORGEOUS day. Mild weather, light breeze and sunny. We relaxed, we caught up with family, took naps, played and ate hot dogs. A fabulous Saturday. The only bummer was that it was a bit too cool to make use of the campground's pool. But there are plenty of hot days to come.
Elena reconnects with her grandfather.
After lunch, we checked out the playground - Kathryn and Elena go for a slide.
Rob and Elena go for a spin on the tire swing. After we were all done with the playground, it was time for one of our favorite camping activities - Mini-Golf! We're totally into roughing it.
Elena gets her game on. Watch out Tiger Woods.
Rob tries his hand at shooting the ball, luckily his gun isn't loaded.
Laney got tired of playing and decided to caddy.
Party on hole 5! - This hole was awful. Somehow, I, who usually has the most fun at golf (ie highest score) pulled off a 3 on this hole. I think most of the rest of the group took the 5 stroke maximum.

Laney chills at the 16th hole. Good to know she fits in with our laid back family.
This is me and my cousin Caroline. Not a flattering pic of either one of us, but we had fun doing it. Caroline is in the market for a new camera and I was showing her some of the features of mine, like the rotating view screen.
There are deer everywhere in the campground. We saw the cutest fawns and fed these some feed my mom had left over from Fossil Rim Wildlife Park.
Caroline finally got to hold Elena sometime after golf. How that little oversight happened, I'm not sure.
Happy campers - Caroline, Mom, Elena, Kathryn, and Dad.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I especially like the one with Laney as the caddy!

Katy S. said...

How tall is Laney?? Her legs look soooooo long!

Heather said...

She's 27 inches according to my yardstick

Tara said...

Those are good pictures. She looks like she is enjoying her ride!