Thursday, August 30, 2007

Baseball & Birthday Cake

Go 'Stros! I'd like to thank you boys for winning the game today. It was fun.

Now on to the good stuff. First Birthday pictures. These were taken this morning before formula, breakfast and lunch were added to the design on her shirt:


I took cupcakes up to school for her class to eat after lunch. Here's Queen Laney presiding over her birthday party:
Noshing on some cupcake.
I enjoyed it. But I feel kind of bad for her teacher, Miss Maggie. She had to sweep up most of 4 cupcakes off the floor and try to put 4 sugared up babies down for a nap after I left. And I upset Elena when I left without her.

Finally, the birthday dinner. I asked Elena what she wanted and she said Chef Boyardee. Okay, she didn't. But as you can see, she would have:
One year ago today my baby was yellow. (She had infant jaundice) Now she's orange, or she was. She left an orange ring around the bathtub, people! Not kidding. So no more birthday. Until tomorrow when my parents get here. And then it's over. Until Sunday, when have the real party. And then I think we're done. I hope.
Finally, a note on the last post. Apparently, day one was hard on one of the bears. Laney was not the only victim. But there have been no more biting incidents. Seeing the kids together today, they seem to be getting along great.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Laney! Great pictures, Heather!

Melanie said...

Happy 1st Birthday Laney! I love your shirt. What a beautiful little girl your are growing into!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Laney! You are so cute!!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Laney! Glad you had a wonderful day.

Katy S. said...

CUPCAKES AND BASEBALL YEA FOR BOTH!! Happy Birthday Laney Pants We love you!!!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Laney! Hope you are having a fantastic Birthday Weekend. Stretch it out as long as you can girl! WOOHOO your 1!!!!

MBKimmy said...

Happy 1st Birthdy!!
Love the shirt!