Saturday, August 18, 2007

Happy birthday to me

Today's my birthday, so I'm doing the obvious - posting pictures of my baby. We had a pretty normal day (running errands, hanging out at the house) with a nice lunch out at Red Lobster. Laney had her first restraunt food today, she ate the seasonal vegetables side and loved the summer squash! Then we went to the mall (which was nuts thanks to the Sales Tax Holiday) and got Kat new glasses & jeans.

This evening we all partook of my birthday cake - Poppyseed Cake - it's a pudding bundt cake with no frosting and quite popular with the short set, so I thought Laney would like it. In fact the first time my mom made it many many years ago, I apparently looked up from my piece and said, "This is good, Mommy!" and she knew the recipe was a keeper.

"This is good, Mommy . . .
"And it looks good in my hair and down my onesie.
"So good, I'm gonna clap."

The first cake experience went well. Twelve days until frosting!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Heather! Glad it was a good day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Heather! :)

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Heather. My neice Mary shares your bday. The countdown is on for Laney! WOOHOO! What a month of celebrations! Check out my blog about the bib recall and make sure you don't have any of these.

Katy S. said...

HAPPY DAY HEATHER!!!!!!!! LOVE YA!

Kimmie Kay said...

Happy Birthday Heather! Glad you got to spend it with your family. :)