Sunday, August 26, 2007

Stepping out!



It loaded! Last night I waited almost a half hour to load a video using the new Blogger feature and nothing ever happened. I eventually shut down - hopefully that explains my amazing disappearing comments on some peoples blogs.


Anyway to the subject of the post - Look what Laney can do! We shot this last night and she has gotten so much better in the last 24 hours. We've had quite an exciting couple of weeks while I've been barely posting. She's gone from standing and cruising with extreme speed to taking small steps to taking about 5 steps at a go. She's still not ultra confident, but she's getting there.


I also haven't bought baby food in a couple of weeks - she's been eating the day care lunches most every day and either what we're having for dinner or the occasional Chef Boyardee. And there is no question that she's learning - she can assist us with getting out of her car seat, she recognizes her favorite toys and the apple juice bottle, it's a remarkable time around here. She's also learned to play peek a boo - which basically entails putting both hands somewhere on her head, pulling them away real fast and then laughing.

It's also a big time for Kathryn - she starts 8th grade tomorrow. Wow! It still blows my mind how fast time has passed. Here's my oh-so-mature teenager and her dad after a dinner of homemade corn dogs Thursday (he's a bull, she's a walrus):


We had a quiet weekend at home. I have been so lapse at posting I thought I'd share a few in addition to the video:

Laney plays in her house for the first time since my parents brought it here in June

Before and after shots of the Rory-dog. She had her quarterly hair cut and style this weekend.

Hanging out in her rocker. She's learned to climb in and out of this chair and now insists on doing it herself:
Hope you all have a great week!

5 comments:

Tara said...

How exciting! We hope Kathryn has a good first day and week at school. Great pic of her and Rob together! Laney is cuter by the day!

Katy S. said...

WOOO HOOO for Laney!!! Wow she is getting so big. Where does the time go? I have been missing your blogs. Glad to see you back!

Anonymous said...

Love the video! Laney is precious. I love that last picture of her!

MBKimmy said...

WOW how excited! I love the video ... and the dog is great ... just sitting back watching the fun! Nice~!

Chris said...

Cute!!! Good for her. Maybe she could come show LINDSAY what to do???

Love that last photo of her in the chair!