Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Howdy!


Yup, still here. I do apologize for the absence, I just haven't had much blog time for the last few days. I did get a chance to read a few on Monday, but Blogger was down so I couldn't comment.

Our weekend was quiet, we took the bikes out, did some shopping and taught Sunday School. We did attend a new church small group, it definitely has potential, which is nice since we had to give up our old group because they meet during Elena's "witching" hour.


I got some serious progress made on Kathryn's Halloween costume. It's a bit big, thank you McCalls for your totally unrealistic sizing. I measured Kathryn, and I am pretty sure I still remember how I was taught in costuming class, and according to the pattern she's almost a size 12. When she heard me say that, she says "But I have size 0 jeans and they fit!" Before you have a fit, remember she is 13! Well, I know that pattern sizes have absolutely no relation to the real world, so I cut a 12. It's close to 2 sizes too big. Ah well, it's not falling off, its comfortably roomy. I will post pictures when I am done.

Oh, and Elena learned how to undo "child-proof" latches this weekend. Yup, she opens the cabinet and then grabs the latch, pulls it down and opens the cabinet. Two different brands of latches, too! I am very glad that we listened to my mom and put all of the cleansers up high. The cabinet she is so determined to get into contains cat food.

I don't foresee much else that is blog worthy until the weekend. We're going to the Renaissance Festival with friends and that should net a few billon pictures and at least a couple of anecdotes. Peace, love & lollipops!

8 comments:

Tyler and Leah said...

Cute picture! We have yet to put on the latches - i'm thinking it's coming soon though as Asher is getting close to figuring out the existence of cupboards.

Tara said...

Evan pulls off our latches then shows us his handy work. He's mostly interested in opening and closing the doors though. I hope Kathryn's costume works out well. I've never been as crafy as you are. Hope you have a good weekend!

Chris said...

Can't wait to see the costume. We don't have latches yet. She has just started getting into the kitchen cabinets. I moved the cleaning stuff and just let her have at the pots and pans. If it keeps her out of the dog bowls I'm happy!

Angela said...

I am so excited about the costume. I bet you have done a great job.

Anonymous said...

I bet the costume rocks! look forward to seeing it.

Have fun at the festival!

MBKimmy said...

What a great time to take the bikes out - the weather has been wonderful!
can't wait to see the costume!

Chris said...

Hey,

Where've ya been? Where are the Renaissance pics? Hope all is well and you're just busy...

What are the girls costumes for Halloween?

Chris said...

Hey,

Where've ya been? Where are the Renaissance pics? Hope all is well and you're just busy...

What are the girls costumes for Halloween?