Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Renaissance Festival

The Renaissance Festival did not turn out quite like expected. Our household harkened back to medieval times by getting a plague. I came down with a lovely bug on Friday morning, Rob got it about the time he was trying to put on his shoes to leave for the festival and then Kat got it in the wee small hours of Sunday morning. Since we had 5 people in the living room waiting to go with us, I went ahead and took the girls.

Thanks to being sick on Friday and my just generally ding battiness lately, I earned myself some serious terrible mom points. I left the sippy cup at home. Luckily, Laney knows how to drink out of a water bottle, so she was not completely without hydration. I brought $9 in cash and spent $3 on the way in, forgetting that the food vendors and a number of the shops only take ye olde dollar byll. Thanks to Stina for the loan! And in my brillance of taking a ton of Laney type food (hoping to save money on snacks for the fam) I needed two diaper bags. I left the one with most of the diapers and all of the wipes in the car way out in the parking lot. Once again, we got lucky and ran into some friends from church who gave us wipes.

Without further ado, the pictures:

This is the gang. From the left: Catie, Kathy (Kim's Mom), Nik, Kim (Catie & Nik's Mom), Stina and Elena. That's Kat standing in the back.
This is Neil as Giovanni Borgia, a member of the Italian court, trying to get a little face time with Laney. She didn't want anything to do with anyone in costume, even Neil who has been around since she was born.
Kat shows off her new hair wrap.
Kim gets up close and personal with a member of Tartanic.
A little goofiness between Godmother & Goddaughter.



Laney gets down to Tartanic.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Hey do not beat yourself up about it. I have terrible mom days too and they really suck, because it seems to throw the whole day off. Smile, because it still looks you guys had fun.

Tara said...

I'm forgetting little things all the time. Sometimes it is a burp cloth, sometimes it's the milk. Glad you were able to salvage the trip and I hope you all feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

girl, my life is a constant Bad Mom Day. hehe. just gotta roll wit it. :)

looks like you had a good time, and you got some great pictures!! and i hope everyone in your house is feeling better now!